Thursday, August 13, 2009

Take Me Out to the Ball Game - Take II


Last week I was in Sunnyvale to participate in the Summer National Senior Games, aka the Senior Olympics. We arrived while our friends from the Ohio Cardinals 55+ softball team were there and we joined them at the baseball game. Much to their delight, the Cincinnati Reds were playing the San Francisco Giants. Whoo-hoo! Another reason to go to a baseball game. Being a Dodger fan and being with my friends, I of course rooted for the Reds and much to our enjoyment they won 5-0. I must tell you, AT&T Park is a beautiful ballpark. At one point Jean, Ginger, Vickie and I walked around to check it out. There are lots of murals commemorating the Giant's history and great players, there are activities for young kids (like a slide and a mini baseball field where they can hit a whiffle ball and run the bases), and of course there's the view of the San Francisco Bay which is spectacular when you experience a fabulous day like we did. I wonder which baseball park I'll be visiting next?

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you...Giant's stadium is something to witness. The garlic fries are darned tasty too.

    ReplyDelete