
Tomorrow is the Surf City Marathon in Huntington Beach and I'll be participating in the 5K. It is the first race of the new year for me. It will be a rather challenging in that I haven't been running much. In fact I haven't run in over a week. Duke's injury has slowed down my running, then my daughter and my grandkids were here much of last week. My daughter broke her wrist a couple of weeks ago and it limits her ability to care for her 2 year old son by herself. I worked at home as much as I could this past week - Monday and Wednesday afternoon and all-day Friday, in order to help her out. That meant there was more going on at home than usual - the energy of a 5-year old and a 2-year old plus caring for my daughter and dog. There were times I found myself saying, Calgon, take me away! With all that going on there wasn't much time for running - at least that's what I said. Sounds like excuses even to me. I'm looking forward to the race tomorrow jumpstarting my running routine again. Last year our time was 36:07 hopefully we'll beat that tomorrow. Stay tuned for the results!




No comments:
Post a Comment