
I can't believe my last post was 3 months ago! So much has happened in that time - much of it work, work and more work. Before I go into what all has happened the results of the Surf City 5K. We did it in 38:59. I was 59th out of 136 in my age group. It may have been slower than last year but I felt stronger at the end of the race. Guess I was in a little better shape and had a better pace. Now on to what else has been going on. I joined a triathlon training group in February not so much with the idea to compete in a triathlon, but really more for the exercise. Of course, if the triathlon the group was training for fit within my schedule I would be in. Then March came and I was out of the office more than I was in it. First a business trip to Florida that included my cousin's wedding in Naples, FL over the weekend. My parent's and my brother went to the wedding too and we had a great time together. After a few more days in FL I was in the office for a couple of days. Then off to Dallas, followed by San Francisco, then in April a big meeting in Santa Ana, then back to Dallas, then Tampa and finally ending in Ontario, CA! Phew!! I have so much more respect for people who choose to be road warriors for the jobs. I've just about decided it's not the life for me. I am involved in way too many things that I don't get to do with so much traveling. Needless to say, my training for the triathlon was impacted by all the travel. I tri-ed (get it? tri - short for triathlon? Hahaha. I crack myself up sometimes!) to train while on the road but it wasn't the same as training with a group. If nothing else the commitment level wasn't there. That's why I joined the group in the first place. Anyways... Duke's leg finally healed and he got his splint off just before Easter. Only 10 weeks in a splint. Ughhh! The triathlon was May 2, The Spring Sprint in San Diego a 1/4-mile swim, 9-mile ride and 5K run. I did it and finished faster than I thought. So what if it was only by 25 seconds. It still was faster! The swimming kicked my butt!! I was really disappointed in my swim time, but I wasn't last in my wave for the swim or the entire event. There were at least 2 women who finished after me in the swim and 9 women who finished after me for the entire event. Of course there were a whole lot more who finished before me. LOL!! I will compete in another race and I will NOT let the swim beat me again. The next training season begins in mid-June for an October race. I've taken the past two weeks off from training so tomorrow the work starts again. Beside, I have the Disney Half-Marathon coming up in September to prepare for. I must have my head examined! TTFN




No comments:
Post a Comment