Monday, May 31, 2010

Laguna Hills Memorial Day 5K


Today I ran another 5K. It started at the Laguna Hills Mall, then we went thought Laguna Woods, to Paseo de Valencia towards Alicia and ended at the Laguna Hills Community Center. I've started running again this week - Monday, Wednesday and Sunday - and am running a tougher course because half of it is up hill, a slow gradual hill at that. Ugh! I also got new shoes this week with custom insoles and WOW! what a difference. My feet feel so much better. Anyway, the new course paid off. I felt stronger on the run today. I still walked part of it - a 2 minute span and a 3 minute span - but I still had gas in the tank to kick-it at the finish. My time was better than the Surf City 5K in February and the 5K of the Triathlon at the beginning of the month (I should hope so!). The next 5K - July 4th weekend? - I will run the entire distance and feel strong doing it! Watch for the post on that. Remember to take time today to honor those who gave their lives so we could have the freedoms we have today. They made the ultimate sacrifice. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment