skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Tomorrow's the Next Big Day
Its almost 10:00 pm and I need to get up at 3:30 tomorrow morning to meet my friend Vivian at 4:15 am. Why, you ask, would anyone even consider choosing to be up at that time of the morning? A triathlon of course! Tomorrow we participate in the Solana Beach Triathlon. It is a sprint event - 1/4-mile swim, 9-mile bike ride and 3-mile run. You may remember that during the last triathlon I participated in the swim didn't go as I'd planned. I had the old hyperventilation, panic attack and I couldn't put my face in the water. I did the entire swim leg using the back-stroke.; not the fastest swim stroke. Now when I practiced even on open water swims with a wetsuit, no problem. During the race, a problem. So, much like getting right back on a horse when you fall off, I decided I needed to participate in another tri sooner rather than later. So tomorrow's the day. The challenge with this one is it is an ocean swim rather than a bay swim. We'll run from the beach into the water rather than enter the water and wait for the start horn. We participated in an ocean swim clinic put on by Tri La Vie to prepare so here we go. My goal is to "beat the water" - not have the hyperventilation issue - and not let the water "beat me" again. Stay tuned. More to come tomorrow. Now its off to bed. I have to get up in 5 hours and 28 minutes. Tah-tah!
No comments:
Post a Comment