
I beat the water! As you saw in my previous post, my goal for this race was to beat the water. I wanted to be able to swim the crawl for the entire 1/4 swim with proper form - face in the water, breathing every third or every-other stroke. And, I did it! Woo-hoo!! Yeah for me!! I conquered the water on this race. I also had a strong bike ride even with the hill which I didn't expect and the run was better than last time. Its good to be able to see that I am improving. I need to do more "brick work" - doing 2 of the 3 components in a day - in this case, bike ride then run and really push myself on the run. Overall I shaved 7 minutes and 17 seconds off my time from my first race. Most of the time improvement was in the bike - almost 4 minutes but the run was better by more than 2 minutes as well. In October I am competing in a race in San Diego that will be very similar to the course from the race in May. It will be interesting to see what my time will look like when comparing similar courses. When I get my photos from the race I will post them for all to see. And because I conquered the water, there is even a photo of me emerging from the ocean (last time I was too far behind to have my photo taken)! Until then, enjoy this photo of Vivian and I at the end of the race just before we packed up.




No comments:
Post a Comment