The day is finally here! After dreaming, preparing and planning for a year, departure day has finally arrived. Of course, there are all the last minute errands to take care of today - not the least of which is the ever important pedicure with Mom! Then off to meet the pre-tour pilgrims at the Mission Viejo site of Shepherd of the Hills United Methodist Church and pick up our coach to LAX. The trip to LAX was speedy and event free. Who knew you cold make it there from Mission Viejo in 1 hour in the early evening! The check-in process was speedy as well. Lufthansa Airlines is the way to go! On time, very attentive flight attendants and food that was actually edible. I was certainly surprised they fed us dinner and breakfast. Since the flight was so late (9:10 pm departure) I thought we'd get breakfast and lunch. That's what I get for thinking! At midnight PT time I decided to try to sleep. I know I slept some or at least dozed; the next thing I knew it was 6:00 am PT (I really had no idea where we were in the world so I had to go be PT) and they were preparing to serve breakfast. Dozing or sleeping or whatever you want tot call it, that long, sure made the flight seem shorter. We landed in Munich and had about a 3-hour layover. Since we were in Germany I heard some bratwurst and sauerkraut calling my name. Boy was it good. Then a 2-1/2 hour flight to Ankara, the capital city of Turkey. We arrived at our hotel around 12:30 am local time. I couldn't wait to lie flat on my bed.
Day Eighteen - R is for...
13 years ago




No comments:
Post a Comment