We've seen all sorts of wonderful sights on this trip as you've seen in my other posts. We also had absolutely wonderful food both on the ship and in the towns we visited. I'm concerned about weighing in at Weight Watchers on Saturday. I'm sure my "At Goal Weight" status is at serious risk. After a day or so, I didn't even try to use much restraint - okay, any restraint. I figured this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I was going to experience it fully, even if I have to pay the piper at Weight Watchers. We had great Danish open-faced sandwiches, fantastic entrees from roasted duck to salmon to surf 'n' turf, appetizers, salads, soups, pommes frites, pickled herring, bratwurst, red cabbage and sauerkraut, and Indonesian Rice Table in Amsterdam. The only time I didn't like something I ordered was at breakfast one morning. Rather than go to the buffet, we decided we'd have a served breakfast in the La Fontaine Restaurant. Being the adventuresome person I am when it comes to food, I decided to try Kippered Herring with my Egg Beaters. My reasoning was I love pickled herring, this will be like that, a great meal is coming my way. Boy was that a mistake. It was nothing like pickled herring. It was a much larger pice of fish, cooked and very, very, very fishy tasting (did I say it was fishy tasting?) I took one bite and that was it. I couldn't get enough potatoes, orange juice or bread to get that taste our of my mouth. Yuck!! But not bad. Only 1 "Yuck" in a 16-day trip. I did more than okay with the food. We only visited the late-night buffet once, the last night on the ship since they were serving pickled herring (Now that's a Yum!!). I guess we also visited it the night before for the Dessert Extravaganza. I did show considerable restraint that night. I only took pictures of the dessert masterpieces but I did enjoy the champagne drink being served. :-)
Throughout this trip we've had lots of times of frivolity and fun. Lots of laughter and silliness that memories are made of. One such event that sticks out happened the last formal night on the ship. We all got dressed up and looked great if I say so myself. After dinner it was up to the Crow's Nest to enjoy the view and an after dinner beverage (of the adult style of course).I got up to see the view on the other side of the ship and my Mom said"Don't leave me. I need your help." I turned around to see what the problem was and found her stuck. Rather, a thread on her sleeve got stuck on one of the sequins on the body of the top. One of those "you couldn't do it again if you tried" situations. We laughed about that one for a long time. Enjoy some of these photos of the food, frivolity and fun.




No comments:
Post a Comment