Saturday, June 13, 2009

I’m Leaving on A Jet Plane



My trek to LAX was much less entertaining than Mom and Dad’s. I arrived with no fanfare or shows which was fine with me. I’m not sure I couldn’t have taken another sight like yesterday. The flight to Amsterdam was very uneventful which is always a good thing when you’re flying. The Gluten-free meals were very, very bland. They didn’t even give me any salt and pepper. Note to self: must be prepared for food on the flight home - bring salt and pepper. Schiphol Airport in Amsterdam was beautiful. It never ceases to amaze me that so many of the airports in Europe are like walking through a shopping mall. It seems like you can buy almost anything. The flight to Copenhagen was short (1 hour and 15 minutes) and was followed by a 20 minute train ride into the city. After 15 hours of travel it was great to see my Dad waiting for me at the train station.

After a quick stop in my massive hotel room - Not! - to empty a few things from my backpack we were off to Tivoli Gardens for dinner and a nice stroll. I lasted until 10:00 pm even though I didn’t sleep much on the plane. Then I crashed hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment