Thursday, June 11, 2009

T-minus 1 and Counting


Tomorrow is the big day, my vacation starts. Today I take Mom & Dad to the Disneyland Hotel to pick up the shuttle to LAX, or at least that was the plan. At 2:42 I received a call telling me they were in Lake Elsinore and on their way. I realized right then that our plans were going to tight. The plan was to be at my office in Santa Ana by 3:30 at the latest. Lake Elsinore is at least an hour away. A few minutes later I received the dreaded "Oh no! We're in a parking lot - the freeway is stopped!" call. About 10 minutes later the update was "We're really flying now." There was still no way to make the 4:00 shuttle so I prepared for the drive to LAX. The next call was "Oh my gosh, we just flew by the exit. Now where do we go?" I tried giving directions with less than stellar descriptions of their ever chaning location. Suffice it to say it was a comedy of errors. Mom and Dad arrived at my office at 3:55; I hopped in the care and we were off. Unfortunately for them they had to listen to my conference call all the way up. We arrived at the airport before 5:00 and as we pulled to the curb at the terminal there was a sight to behold. A rather large woman wearing a skirt I guessed to be w-a-a-a-a-y to short was bending over her suitcase from the waist, showing off her black panties and her cellulite. It wasn't an "oops-I-bent-over-the-wrong-way" bend, it was a "I-need-to-get-something-from-my-suitcase-and-I-don't-care" bend. YIKES!! The Sky Caps were busting up laughing. Dad, being the nice guy he is, asked if they wanted to borrow his camera. They quickly declined. What an interesting start to our vacation.

2 comments:

  1. God bless your dad - that is hilarious! Hope you are having a FANTASTIC time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kind of wish that someond DID take a photo, just to confirm that visual that is now emblazoned in my head! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete